We're a small, but quickly growing, IT firm based in the Campbell, California with a second office in Portland, Oregon. We're looking for an IT specialist/tech/engineer who can be a jack-of-all-trades and master of a few while delivering first-rate customer service. In other words, we’re looking for a Heroic IT specialist with technology and customer service superpowers, not just your typical IT tech! If you think you're a heroic IT tech submit your resume and coverletter to jobs (@) heroictec.com.
Current Open Positions
IT Support Specialist - Level 1 (Openings in Campbell, CA and Beaverton, OR)
- Type: Full-time
- Salary/Pay: $16-22 per hour (Depending on Experience)
- Posted: 1/15/2018
You will be responsible for maintaining and supporting the integrity of our customer’s hardware and software systems, along with coordinating implementation projects in the capacity of an outsourced IT department. Services will be delivered both remotely from our office as well as on-site at the customer’s location as required. The position will also be involved in maintaining and improving internal processes to deliver the most efficient service possible.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Position is a key contributor in the success of managing our client’s networks. This is achieved by quickly resolving incidents that our client’s open tickets for and by constantly monitoring the alerts generated by our tools to resolve incidents before our clients are aware.
- Maintain and improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
- Responsible for entering all work as service tickets and time as it occurs.
- Implementation and support for Microsoft related technologies: Windows 7/8/10, Office Suite, Office 365, Windows Server, etc.
- Implementation and support for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, Office 365, Windows 7/8/10, etc.
- Implementation and support of hardware: workstations (desktops & laptops), servers, firewalls, switches, wireless access points, Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS), etc.
- Implementations and support of backup and disaster recovery solutions.
- Interact with vendors to support customer’s specific line of business applications, copiers/printers, internet service providers, etc.
- Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Remote Desktop, RemoteApp.
- Review the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets.
- IT environment documentation to include system reviews and recommendations.
- Communication w/ customers: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
- Fast turnaround of customer requests.
- Ability to work on multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously.
- Excellent listening and communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Problem-solving abilities and ability to meet reasonable deadlines.
- Ability to build positive and collaborative relationships.
- You must have reliable transportation along with a cell phone.
Additional Responsibilities & Knowledge Required:
- Work to ensure requests are routed to the proper resource in order to be resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals.
- Document internal processes and procedures.
- Establish and work through a daily schedule.
- Work through project tickets and phases as assigned by Project Manager.
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry.
- Occasional participation in on-call after-hours support and after-hours projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
We believe in hiring the person not just the resume, so if you include a cover letter telling us why you are the right engaging individual to help us take this company to the next level you will definitely be at the top of the list!
Since we believe our success depends on the success of our employees, we are willing to provide on the job training & additional education for candidates that become part of our team